Together Everyone Achieves More


Blog       Trip Reports       Timeline       Bios       Galleries       Trail Register

Jan 18, 2010

Ozark Highlands Trail

I'm going on an expedition!  If everything goes to plan I'm leaving for the Ozark Highlands Trail on Wednesday of this week and will return a week from Thursday.

I'm hiking 12 - 16 miles a day, with a total of about 100 miles.  Sunrise will be at 7:15, and sunset will be at 5:30, so I'll have plenty of time to get my mileage in.  I'll be doing a modified "there and back" trip.  I'll hike three days in and four days back out.  Some of the way back will be on the same trail, and some of it will be split on two different trails.

The temps are in the 50s & 60s, so it'll be perfect hiking weather.  I'll have seven full days on the trail, which I am pumped about.

Now I've got to get to work, since I'm going from the initial planning of this trip, to leaving on it, in only two days.

No comments:

Post a Comment