Together Everyone Achieves More


Blog       Trip Reports       Timeline       Bios       Galleries       Trail Register

Dec 3, 2009

In My Pack - The Essentials Bag


This is the first part of a several part series on what I have in my pack. Hopefully it will spark some debate and show people some ways to save on weight.

I have a bag called my "essentials" bag. It contains the following:

1. Small waterproof bag
2. Black Diamond Ion Headlamp
3. Mini Pack towl
4. Spare camera battery
5. Journal
6. Pen
7. Personal first aid kit
8. 30' of lightweight tent line
9. spare Ion batter
10. Water purification tablets
11. Moleskin
12. Soap leafs
13. Aveda Lipsaver, wrapped with dental floss and a sewing needle (already threaded)
14. Head of a toothbrush
15. Baking Soda (for brushing teeth
16. Listerine strips (for killing the baking soda taste.
17. Matches with two strikers
18. Two small fire starters

This kit weighs in at 11.9 oz. It's not everything I carry on me, but it's what I have in this kit. Depending on the season and the area being hiked, I'll add bug spray and sunscreen.


No comments:

Post a Comment