Together Everyone Achieves More


Blog       Trip Reports       Timeline       Bios       Galleries       Trail Register

Apr 5, 2009

Route is Planned!

I've planned the route for my May SHT thruhike. Here goes...

Day 0 - Reach trailhead by 6pm. Look at the BRT to the North and think "next time". Head off to the South and West. Hike 1.7 miles South to Andy Creek.

Day 1 - Hike 15.2 miles to Carlson Pond.

Day 2 - Hike 23.4 miles, including the "Lake Walk" to Woods Creek

Day 3 - Hike 22 miles to Trout Creek, hiking along the cascade river. Site is close to Cascade Falls so I could head over there for some journaling or a really, really, really cold shower.

Day 4 - Hike 16.3 miles to Mystery Mountain. Will hike near Caribou Lake and around Lake Agnes. Will continue through Lutsen (maybe dinner at Papa Charlies?). Mystery Mountain is the campsite that TEAM 42 stayed at outside of Lutsen over Thanksgiving 2007. This will also be my last day until Day 10 of hiking "new to me" trail.

Day 5 - Hike 23.3 miles to Fredenberg Creek; following part of the route that T42 took November 2007 (our to Lutsen route, NOT our return route).

Day 6 - Hike 19.5 miles to the campsite right outside of Crosby Manitou.

Day 7 - Hike 17.5 miles to Section 13. I have always wanted to stay at Section 13, there is a small loop trail right next to the site that is supposed to have some awesome cliffs.

Day 8 - Hike 23.2 miles to South Beaver River (where the greatest waterful ever is located and the magestic sound of the bald eagle can be heard late into the night). This day I will pass the Bean Lake overlook, my favorite place along the trail (so far).

Day 9 - Hike 20.5 miles to Goosberry River along the split rock and gooseberry rivers.

Day 10 - Hike 13.2 miles to trailhead, with the last 6 or 7 miles being new trail to me. Drink a beer at the trailhead, thinking about how much I accomplished and how much I hurt.

My numbers aren't perfect, as I'm coming up with 195.8 miles and the SHTA says that there is 204 miles of trail from Two Harbors to the BRT. Still, I'm pretty close and since those 8 miles aren't likely to show up on the same day, I should be good. I'm going to do my best to stay on schedule each and every day, regardless of how good or bad I'm feeling.

Now its on to the next thing...food!

No comments:

Post a Comment