Together Everyone Achieves More


Blog       Trip Reports       Timeline       Bios       Galleries       Trail Register

Jul 25, 2008

Maah Daah Hey Part I

63 miles in 5 days through the Badlands with the sun pounding 90 to 100 degrees each day. It was great but hard. The heat kept me from being able to hike through the day like I wanted especally after getting sick the third day, I almost threw up but didn't. I was suppose to do 90 miles in 8 days with a buddy but my buddy couldn't go and 5 days of hiding in the shade by myself was enough. I got through all the things I wanted to (China Wall, Devils Pass, the trail mid point, and crossing the Little Missouri River) and had my fill of the trail for one trip so when an opportunity presented itself and I was offered a I ride I took it. I will return to finish it though. I did make it to and past mile 42 so I'm good there. The Badlands is a hell of a place.

No comments:

Post a Comment