Together Everyone Achieves More


Blog       Trip Reports       Timeline       Bios       Galleries       Trail Register

Feb 24, 2008

Trip Preperations

SLED

I took the new sled harness and new snowshoes out on Saturday for a test run. Things were mostly positive. The sled harness as inspired by Chad was great for going up and down hills. The only downfall is that I can not ride on the sled, 'Lindstromstyle'.

After the test I did make two upgrades.

  1. I bought some nifty suspenders to keep the hip belt up, the sled was pulling it down.
  2. I got a new clasping system for the belt so it will meet the 'quick release' requirements of Team 42.

FOOD

Meals are fully prepared. I'll be dining on:

Breakfast (all):

  • Eggs
  • Spicy Sausage
  • Hash browns
  • Oatmeal

Lunch (all):

  • Beef Jerky
  • Chewy Bars
  • Gummy Bears

Dinner 1:

  • Shrimp & Lobster Alfredo w/noodles

Dinner 2:

  • Chicken & Stuffing

Dinner 3:

  • Meat & Cheese Stuffed Ravioli & Meat Balls

Remember, when you freeze the meals lay them flat. That way multiple meals will be able to be cooked at the same time. Use Ziploc freezer bags (Glad bags suck & storage bags leak). A quart size bag will be large enough for any personal meal. If you decide that you need a gallon of food, you will have to eat last while the rest of us prepare our meal!

YUMMY!

GROUP SUPPLIES

I'll bring maps, a tent for Cory and myself, stove, shovel.

How much fuel should I bring? I have quite a few fuel bottles and can bring whatever is needed.

If we go as last year, Zach & Jim will both bring stoves, Cory a garbage can lid, Jim an ice chisel. Anything I'm missing?

Expedition Away!

2 comments:

  1. Nice food breakdown. Everything sounds good to me. As for the fuel... I'm not sure.

    The garbage can lid is ready to rock and roll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and a note about the "quick release" system - I am using my same harness, but attached a plastic ring, and to that ring I have tied a short length of rope, with a quick release "cowboy style" knot. I pull one length of the rope, and it comes undone, and will not accidentally come undone under pressure.

    ReplyDelete