Together Everyone Achieves More


Blog       Trip Reports       Timeline       Bios       Galleries       Trail Register

Nov 30, 2009

Triangle of Communication

As TEAM 42 looks ahead to its second decade, some big changes are happening. The website (new), Twitter and Facebook are going to integrate to form the TEAM 42 Triangle of Communication.


WEBSITE

The blog is going to be integrated into a complete website that will eventually be hosted on www.teamfortytwo.com. For the website, I need the following information from each expedition member:

  • Expeditions that you have been on (these include wilderness expeditions with or without TEAM 42. Front country or park camping do not count, ie, Many Point, Northwind, Stearns, etc). I need the expedition name, where you went, names of the participants and the date of the trip.
  • A personal bio.
  • Your favorite trail.
  • Your base pack weight.
  • Your favorite item in your pack.
You can just leave the info in the comments.

TWITTER

The Twitter account is up and running. All blog posts are automatically linked with the Twitter account, giving you real time TEAM 42 updates. You can sign up for Twitter and have these updates sent to your mobile device. http://twitter.com/TeamFortyTwo


FACEBOOK

I honestly have no idea what we are going to do with this. We have like three Facebook pages and I don't go to any of them.


BRANDING

Right now we have Jim's logo on the top of the website, mainly because that is what I had and I liked it. We should all agree on an "Official" TEAM 42 logo. We can go with Jim's, or if someone wants to submit something else for us to vote on that sounds good. If I don't hear anything by the end of the week, I will just assume that everyone is happy with Jim's logo.

With whatever logo we decide on, I think we should make a commemorative ten year logo for next year 2000-2010. It can just be an addition to the logo we select by putting the years on it or something. Ten years of expeditioning should be celebrated. I'll leave that up to one of our graphic designers.

We need to agree on how the writing of TEAM 42 should look. I have seen Team 42, TEAM 42 and T.E.A.M. 42. I have my preference, but we all need to agree so we write it the same way.


MEMBERSHIP

It was suggested on the last expedition that we have requirements for continued membership in TEAM 42. It was brought up that there are expedition members that do not attend any expeditions and therefore should be removed from the team or labeled as "inactive". The suggestion was that people go on a minimum of two expeditions per year, which should be easy considering there are about a dozen opportunities a year.

That's it for more, watch for more changes coming soon...

3 comments:

  1. Here you go Dave

    Past Expeditions:
    By your definition I only have 2 that are outside of TEAM 42...
    1) July/2008 - Maah Daah Hey Trail - Exp Name: For a Long Time to Come - Solo

    2) August/2008 - Maah Daah Hey Trail - Exp Name: Coming Into Medora - Me, UND Buddies (Ben Prusa, Jordan Neau)

    Favorite Trail: Maah Daah Hey

    Base Pack Weight: Unknown, I don't want to know

    Favorite Item in Pack: If I have to pick one thing I guess right now I would have to say TP. I may not use it a lot but I am always glad it's there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A personal bio.
    -With over 650+ nights spent in a tent I can only think of a few people who can top that.
    -Nationally certified Shooting range instructor (but has never hunted)
    -Nationally certified Aquatics Instructor
    -has lead over 42 cold weather camping groups while employed as a guide for Northwind
    -A current student at St. Cloud State University working on a degree in Social Studies Education
    -In the next 3-5 years has plans on rowing from either America to Japan, Or South America to Africa . With a great friend Mike Kamarath who is currently attending Yale

    Your favorite trail.
    there are a lot of trails i have not hiked yet, i feel i am to young to answer such a question. However if i was on my death bed and had to decide, it would be the continental divide in Rocky National Park, Colorado.

    Your base pack weight.
    I have no idea, right when the ultra light started to hit T.E.A.M. 42 my life shifted focus on being a poor college student. Vs the full time working type who could schedule time off. Upgrading my gear is not a priority. However the gear i do have i feel is quality.

    Your favorite item in your pack.
    if you were to ask me "my favorite item" i would say POLES!! But my favorite pack item would have to be the good friends that come with me to enjoy the wonders of the outdoors.


    in response to membership:
    if you would like me to be removed from the list, go for it. I can not take time off from school to go camping. Those are my priorities.

    ReplyDelete