Together Everyone Achieves More


Blog       Trip Reports       Timeline       Bios       Galleries       Trail Register

Jun 4, 2009

The Hike


Tomorrow I'm leaving for my Superior Hiking Trail Thru Hike. I'll have ten days to complete the 205 miles from Grand Portage, Minnesota to Two Harbors, Minnesota.

I'll be setting up a couple of food caches along the way, otherwise everything I need for the ten days will be on my back at all timse. My base weight is just over ten pounds and my carry weight will be around 20.

I'm excited, scared and nervous all at once. I've never undertook something like this before, especially not by myself. The weather forecast shows possible rain for the first half of my trip, we will see what happens. Nothing would be more demoralizing than day-after-day of rain. Regardless of the weather, I'll keep my head up and keep plugging along.

I just set up through blogger to have text messages posted directly to the blog. I'm sure when I'm in the far north I won't get much for service, but as I travel south and come closer to civilization, I'll post a couple of blog updates from the trail.

See you out there!



David

No comments:

Post a Comment