Together Everyone Achieves More


Blog       Trip Reports       Timeline       Bios       Galleries       Trail Register

Jun 4, 2008

Alcohol Stove-2nd Attempt

I just made a successful alcohol stove. I used 2 aluminum can bottoms for the stove (1 Coors Light can for the top and 1 pop can for the bottom). I JB welded them together, and drilled 16-1/16" holes right under the angled part of the can. I also drilled one hole directly in the center of the top part of the stove (this is used for filling the stove). I cut a pot pie tin about a 1/4" from the bottom to put under the stove (this is used for priming the stove). I also cut a coffee can along the the first indent from the bottom as a wind guard. My pot is a sweet potato can filled with 2 1/4 cups of water.

I filled the pot with 2 1/4 cups water and after boiling I ended with 2 cups. I fill the dish part of the pop can twice with alcohol. I then dribbled a little alcohol in the pot pie tin. I lit the pot pie tin on fire. Let the stove warm up for about a minute and a half. Then set the sweet potato pot with water on the stove. The water was at a full boil in 7 minutes. The stove went out in about 8 1/4 minutes.

Stove is still warming up and starting to heat water.


Stove is heating at full capacity.


Water is boiling in 7 minutes.


Me very happy with my achievements.

No comments:

Post a Comment