Together Everyone Achieves More


Blog       Trip Reports       Timeline       Bios       Galleries       Trail Register

Jan 21, 2008

CPR Training

As I've been going through some research on cold weather water accidents, the threat of cardiac arrest has become very apparent. There are stories of people that were in the cold water for up to an hour that were resisted. I would like train everyone on the Team in CPR at the meeting next week. I have all of the necessary materials to conduct training. If you were trained in CPR previously, forget what you learned! CPR has changed significantly since 2005 and with the changes have come increases in survival rates. The regular CPR training is a 4-8 hour class, but I think we could cover the fundamentals in a much shorter time. Remember that doing something is better than doing nothing, but everyone in the Team should be equally proficient.

I have obtained maps for the area that we are considering. Just by a quick glance we have many options if we take the North East route. I also have maps of Isle Royale for the spring trip.

SB has said she will make dinner again for us.

I would also like to move the meeting time up to five or six to allow more time for CPR training. Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment